Calabasas High School

Calabasas Courier Online

Churned creamery takes a creative spin on traditional ice cream

Amanda Feenberg - Sports Editor, Rachel Nebel - Photo Editor

The famous saying, “we all scream for ice cream” exemplifies the love of ice cream at all ages. With dozens of ice cream flavors, Churned Creamery offers the perfect dessert for everyone. The Churned Creamery chain began in 2015 with the opening of the Tustin, California location. Now with over four stores around California, a Churned Creamery has opened at the Westfield Topanga Mall. This dessert spot offers a variety of fresh, frozen desserts, taking a different spin on traditional ice cream.

Churned Creamery works hard to ensure that its three elements for good ice cream are met: quality ingredients, preparation and technique and creative passion. The ingredients used are simple: fresh milk, quality fruit, healthy alternatives and non-dairy options. The menu offers a variety of ice cream flavors, ranging from the traditional “Dutch Chocolate” and “French Vanilla” to “Nutella,” “Oreo” and “Whisky & Cream.” In addition, customers can enjoy sorbets, milk shakes and soda floats which can all be topped with any combination of candies, nuts, fruits, cereals, cookies and a variety of sauces.

“Churned Creamery is my new favorite dessert location,” said junior Danielle Walder. “It is the best ice cream I have ever tasted. I also love seeing the ice cream made right in front of me with the innovative equipment.”

This store uses their unique churning equipment to serve fresh ice cream moments after ordered to provide a state of the art take on traditional ice cream and other frozen desserts. A special batch freezer provides both quality ice cream and also a visual display of all different dessert combinations.

We slow churn, freeze and scoop our frozen desserts right in front of the customer,” said Churned Creamery.

The creamery’s advanced technology and use of ingredients from around the globe allows it to create much smaller batches of ice cream to insure high quality.

Not only does the creamery serve deliciously fresh treats, but also does so in a way that respects the environment and creates a positive influence on the community. For example, the company vows to make an impact by using all natural ingredients.

We strive to go above and beyond our customers’ expectations and uphold ourselves to high standards of service,” said “Who” from Churned Creamery (or “said the Chruned Creamery website”. “We ensure all staff are not only well-trained and knowledgeable of our ice cream churning processes, but also eager to help establish and maintain a welcoming, friendly environment.”

Churned Creamery is the ideal refreshment location, offering a revolutionary take on traditional frozen desserts. With a variety of modernized ice cream combinations, Churned Creamery serves the perfect desserts for everyone.

6600 Topanga Canyon Blvd. Canoga Park, CA 91303.