-22855 Mulholland Hwy. Calabasas, CA 91302-

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

LVUSD increases campus security in light of global concern

Diego Sanz Serrano

Last night, superintendent Dan Stepenosky informed parents via email that school security measures will be heightened throughout LVUSD campuses on Friday, October 13.

This comes in wake of recent posts circulating social media, some of which calling for action ranging from a global day of protest to a global day of Jihad against Israel and Jews this upcoming Friday. 

“Today, we were made aware that some of our students have come across social media content that is tied to an attempt at global mobilization around the events occurring in the Middle East… referenc[ing] a global protest on October 13th.” wrote Stepenosky in his email. 

These security measures will include bringing extra security staff on campuses as well as patrol among campuses provided by the Lost Hills Sheriff Department to the already existing Covered 6 teams. 

“Out of an abundance of caution, we have taken several proactive measures. The Lost Hill’s Sheriff’s Department has added additional patrols for all of our schools that will be present on Friday, in addition to our Covered 6 team,” wrote Stepenosky. “We will also be providing additional security to each campus. All security staff will have direct communication to administration and local law enforcement.”

In his email, Stepenosky also recommended that parents keep an eye on their children and their social media usage, as images of the war in the Middle East are being shared and posted Some of these photos can be very troubling and even traumatizing to young viewers. 

“Please closely monitor your child’s use of social media as reports of inappropriate or traumatic images are increasing,” said Stepenosky.