-22855 Mulholland Hwy. Calabasas, CA 91302-

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Editor’s Pick: Barbie vs Openheimer?

https://www.thepopverse.com/barbie-oppenheimer-july-21-competition-versus

During the summer of 2023, two iconic movies, Barbie and Oppenhemier, premiered. With the two movies conveniently being released during the same span of time, a feud brewed all over the internet, prevalent on TikTok. In the public eye, the golden question was “Barbie or Oppenhemier?”

The Calabasas Courier Editor’s Pick: Barbie or Oppenhemier.

“My childhood revolved around the Barbie movies. Greta Gerwig took my childhood and added a modern, touching piece to turn the movie into a masterpiece.”

• Kylee Barnaj, Life and Arts Editor

“I saw both movies, and I have to say Oppenheimer was my favorite. The A-list actors were at their best. Cillian Murphy had the performance of a lifetime. RDJ truly separated himself from Iron Man and developed a beautiful performance to mark his career. The best part of the movie was how well the score went with the movie. The final scene was chilling and absolutely terrifying, and the music instilled that level of fear. Barbie was good too.”

• Adam Swarth, News Editor 

“I saw Barbie and Oppenheimer. I liked them both, but I thought Barbie was insanely good and Oppenheimer was just okay and a little long.”

• Caitlin Brockenbrow, Perspectives Editor  

“I saw both, but I thought Oppenheimer was a better movie. I don’t think that’s a hot take. I think the A-list actors, how the roles were insanely played, the explosions were all real (special effects), and the cinematography was overall insane.” 

• Daniel Holloway, Sports Editor 

“Barbie really made me appreciate being a woman and expressing my femininity. I cried like never before. I’m so grateful to experience emotions as a woman. That was Barbie for me.”

• Devon Espar, Multimedia Editor 

“I thought Barbie was incredible. Oppenheimer isn’t the movie I typically enjoy. I enjoy more comedy-type movies similar to Barbie on a day-to-day basis.”

• Hannah Sarnoff, Spotlight Editor  

“They’re so incredibly different and I really enjoyed both. I got to see the Barbie movie premiere which elevated the experience but I also saw Oppenheimer in a big theater. Barbie was super enjoyable but Oppenheimer was simply incredible.”

• True Fisher-Duddy, Executive Editor 

“I loved them both. It’s apples and oranges; both were amazing in their own separate ways. I genuinely love both of those movies. I feel as if there’s space for both.” 

• Ian Godburn, Advisor