-22855 Mulholland Hwy. Calabasas, CA 91302-

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Night time routine before a test

Kylee Barnaj

It’s easy to be stressed out as a student the night before any test. And with finals around the corner, it’s important to keep a mindful routine to reduce nerves and add productivity

Step one: Create a study environment

https://www.makerstations.io/andotherlawstories-study-setup/

The first important step of a studying routine, especially at night, is setting up a calming environment. It can be helpful to set up a comfortable place to study, whether your space is at a desk, on your bed, or on the floor of your room. 

“Having the right study environment is key to academic success,” says Herzing University, 

Relaxing elements like candles with gentle scents, pillows, blankets and a comfy outfit can motivate you to study for long periods of time. Even listening to music is a positive way to get focused.

Step two: Get studying

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/pinterestkarenmontilla25–562809284680812998/

Hours away from the test  it’s effective to dedicate efficient studying time. 

A common way to study is looking over notes and re-reading a chapter from a textbook. While these strategies can be helpful they are not the most effective. 

Creating or using a study guide can be very helpful. 

“Study guides are often given to students as a tool to help alleviate stress,” says The COD Courier

Study guides organize information and focus on important topics that could be on the test. Strategies that test your memory like flashcards are also a very productive way to memorize information needed for the test. Thanks to websites like Quizlet and Brainscape arranging notes and creating tools to help you is easy. 

Step three: Take breaks

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/cozy-vibes–462252349261558400/

While pulling an all-nighter to study could seem like a good idea, it could make you extremely stressed having to focus non-stop. 

“[Dedicate]1-2 hours and you should take a five minute break every half hour,” says the SFU Library. 

Breaks can help your brain rest so you can process the information you have taken in. Your break can be anything from getting a snack, having dinner, watching an episode of a tv show, or just listening to music. Do anything that is away from academics so that when your break is done you are ready and motivated to continue preparing for the test. 

Step four: End the night right

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/578712620889196986/

It’s important that after your study session has finished that you finish your night as stress free as possible. Watching TV, reading and drinking tea are all ways to make the rest of the night more enjoyable. Also, getting all other assignments done will reduce your stress for the next day. After a test, the last thing you want is to do more work. Getting to bed at a decent time is important so that you’ll be rested and ready to take on the test. 

“Having adequate  (9 to 10 hours per night) is likely to be more beneficial than reading a text until dawn,” The Princeton Review says. 

Following this routine is the key to having a beneficial and calming study night.