Survival Guide: How to cope with the ending of the hit T.V show, How I Met Your Mother
May 8, 2014
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
“My monday nights are nothing now,” said senior Ethan Greenberg. “I am lost without Ted and the gang.”
On March 31, How I Met Your Mother aired its final episode that shared Ted’s everlasting life story for the last time. After nine seasons, an ending that fans thought would never come finally arrived, leaving lovers of the show feeling emotionally unstable. Viewers were left in a pit of despair now that their Monday nights are no longer topped off with laughter and “legen-wait-for-it-dary” moments. For fans that feel a hole in their heart where Ted used to be, here are some tips on how to cope with the pain:
1) Watch the finale one more time to help soak in the fact that the show is over. As much as you wish it were a dream, it is actually a harsh reality.
2) Discuss the ending with a friend. Talking about your emotions always helps.
3) Remember to always “suit up.”
4) Singing the theme song at the top of your lungs is another good idea.
5) Make a slap bet with a friend. If you cannot watch Marshall slap Barney anymore, you might as well continue the fun.
6) Give yourself a nice “self-five” because you are awesome.
7) Write down your life story so you can tell it to your own kids one day. Do not worry if it is long; it could never be as long as Ted’s story.
8) Re-watch all nine seasons, because what else should you do with your time? •
“My life without HIMYM honestly feels empty,” said junior Alexa Mulne. “I don’t know what I’m going to do with my life now.”