-22855 Mulholland Hwy. Calabasas, CA 91302-

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Matthew Perry’s sudden death shocks the world

Michael Buckner/Getty Images

On October 28, 2023, at around 4 p.m., Hollywood Star Matthew Perry was found dead in his Los Angeles home. He was 54 years old. 

Most notably known for his role as Chandler Bing in the popular sitcom ‘Friends,’ Matthew was found unconscious in his at-home jacuzzi after suffering a heart attack and drowning. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Although Los Angeles coroners have performed an autopsy, a toxicology report will take weeks to be completed, and an official cause of death has not yet been released. 

‘Friends’ has become the comfort show for many, and with the passing of such a beloved character, fans feel like they lost someone close to their heart. The sitcom is one of the most viewed TV shows, according to CBS News. Fans began placing flowers outside a West Village building, which is the exterior shot for ‘Friends’ in honor of Perry.

Perry’s death has taken many friends and family to the media to spread memories of the joy he gave the world.

“The world will miss you, Matthew Perry. The joy you brought to so many in your too-short lifetime will live on. I feel so very blessed by every creative moment we shared.” said Maggie Wheeler, who played Chandler’s on-and-off girlfriend, Janice.