-22855 Mulholland Hwy. Calabasas, CA 91302-

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Tik Tok threat prompts Sheriff’s response

Hannah Sarnoff

Earlier this morning, Principal Bennett Wutkee posted a message to the community via ParentSquare about a Tik Tok post that surfaced showing yearbook photos of students at CHS with threatening music in the background. Lost Hills Sheriffs and Cover 6 were notified immediately. 

At this time, Lost Hills has indicated that they do not believe the post to be credible,” said Wutkee via ParentSquare.

Not much is known about the post, other than some students at CHS saw it before it was taken down earlier this morning. Wutkee indicated that without the help of students reporting it to the school, administrators would have never known about it.

“I am so thankful for the students that reported the incident,” said Wutkee.

Even without much evidence to further the safety of students, extra security will be installed on campus today as a precaution.

“Any time there is any threat, we take it as seriously as possible until we confirm it is not true. We are in the process of confirming it is not true,” said Wutkee.

The TikTok post follows a school shooting threat Agoura received from an unknown caller just a few weeks ago, resulting in a lockdown of the school. That same day, a similar lockdown occurred at Sherman Oaks Notre Dame. 

“I would happily do this a hundred times and find out a hundred times nothing is coming of it just to be safe because if the one time someone doesn’t tell us is the one time we needed to know, how are we to keep our students safe,” said Wutkee.