-22855 Mulholland Hwy. Calabasas, CA 91302-

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Erewhon Menu Review

Kylee Barnaj

Erewhon, a well-known health food store, has earned recognition for its dedication to providing high-quality products and culinary experiences. Their hot bar attracts customers with freshly prepared hot dishes that cater to a wide range of dietary preferences and use seasonal ingredients. Erewhon is also well-known for its smoothies, which combine organic fruits, vegetables, and superfoods to create nutrient-dense beverages. To add to their allure, Erewhon collaborated with Hailey Bieber to launch Hailey Soft Serve, a line of lavish but health-conscious soft serve ice creams, strengthening their reputation as a destination for both wholesome nourishment and decadent treats.

Sofia Richie Grangie’s “The Sweet Cherry Smoothie”

Sofia Richie Grainge’s “The Sweet Cherry Smoothie” was documented as the most expensive smoothie at Erewhon, a popular organic and healthy grocery store in Los Angeles, California. Erewhon is known for providing a wide range of premium and unique food and beverage options, including high-quality smoothies made with fresh, organic ingredients.

This $21 smoothie is the most expensive smoothie on Erewhon’s menu. Its price reflects on its ingredients and how it is now considered to be a pregnancy craving. 

“You might be wondering… did Erewhon just toss a sleepy girl mocktail in the blender and slap a $21 price tag on its cup?” asked Mefab Schaltegge via Delish. “Not so fast. The magnesium in there just so happens to be Sofia Richie’s pregnancy craving.”

Some people have questioned how magnesium can be a craving and Richie claims that people will understand once they try it. This smoothie is for those with similar cravings to have a healthy smoothie to resort to. 

It’s worth noting that, while $21 may seem like a lot for a smoothie, Erewhon’s target demographic frequently values premium quality, health-conscious ingredients, and the overall experience of consuming food and beverages that fit their lifestyle. Thus, the price reflects not only the cost of the ingredients but also the perceived value and exclusivity of Erewhon’s products.

After trying the Sweet Cherry Smoothie at Erewhon my initial impression of it was overpriced. Due to not having this pregnancy craving, it can be compared to any other smoothie. While the ingredients might be healthy and fresh, the flavor doesn’t scream anything special. 

The Hailey Beiber smoothie has been the only smoothie that has lasted permanently at Erewhon. All other celebrity smoothies have been exclusively on the menu for one month due to people getting them but not regularly.

The Hailey Bieber Limited Time “Strawberry Glazed Soft Serve”

The Hailey Bieber soft serve has been trending at Erewhon since it came out on Valentine’s day 2024. Based on Bieber’s “Strawberry Glazed Smoothie,” the item in soft serve form has surged in popularity, on Tiktok, instagram and other social media apps for its minimal ingredients, yet delicious taste. Trying the popular sweet treat at Erewhon was a good experience but was overpriced. 

The fact that it is made from completely natural ingredients and yet tastes so amazing, makes it even better. I drove myself to my local Erewhon, expecting it to be yet another extremely overrated and overpriced item. I previously have tried the Hailey Bieber smoothie, and personally it definitely was not worth $20. 

The Original Soft Serve Sundae is $10.50 and “Hailey’s Way” with added peanut butter and chocolate chips comes out to $13. 

I ordered “Hailey’s Way.” I thought $13 was personally too expensive considering the portion they gave me. The cup was about halfway to three-fourths filled, and I say it should have been worth $8 or $9. Though, the soft serve itself was truly amazing. I am really a big fan of frozen yogurt, especially tart frozen yogurt. It has a creamy texture but a very light and fruity taste. 

The soft serve was a little bit more on the tart side, but since I got Hailey’s way, the peanut butter and chocolate chips balanced out with sweetness. 

The Glazing Soft Serve is the perfect sweet treat for frozen yogurt lovers, as this reminded me of “Go Greek.” It is also good for people who want to enjoy a sweet treat, but do not want all the added, unhealthy ingredients. An overall 9/10 treat and I would go back and get another one. 

Erewhon’s Classic Hot Bar

You can’t go wrong with Erewhon’s classic Hot Bar. Whether you follow a Vegan, Vegetarian, or even Keto Diet, Erewhon caters to it all. While all of these foods are on the higher-priced end of the spectrum, you can often taste the quality of their ingredients. You will never see this place empty, so expect to wait in a little line. 

My personal favorites are the gluten-free mac and cheese, Buffalo cauliflower, salmon, and string beans. Every one of these options is locally and organically sourced, resulting in amazing taste. Not only will you be fully satisfied after eating one of their combo plates, but you won’t feel that overly fully gross feeling because of how sustainably sourced their ingredients are. Their gluten-free and vegan pizza options are divine, and after trying the different flavors with friends, you genuinely cannot taste the difference. 

Overall, the Hot Bar at Erewhon is incredible. With options ranging from Chinese cuisine to American staples and even Hispanic classic dishes like carne asada, there is an option for everyone.