-22855 Mulholland Hwy. Calabasas, CA 91302-

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Calabasas Courier Online

Upcoming Europe trips: what’s the BUZZ?

Hannah Sarnoff

While summer is around the corner, Calabasas High School seniors have begun to figure out their summer plans. Most seniors go on the Buzz tour around Europe, which has been all the talk. However, there has also been talk about whether taking an independent trip is also a good alternative.

The “Buzz Trip,” run by David Bussing, the leader and main tour guide, has operated since 1989. Since then, the trip has aimed to please new high-school graduate students from all over Los Angeles. With Buzz’s trip comes the benefits of traveling to Europe with a large group of students and friends. People are given a pre-planned vacation, with an itinerary of when they are doing certain activities and what sites they will see that day. Travelers are given the privilege of being able to be a part of activities such as skydiving, which gives people an entire view of Switzerland. 

“The trip itself was so much fun, and I enjoyed the activities such as skydiving because it made it much more exciting,” said Devin Gusinow, a 2022 CHS graduate.

Students will attend these sites with a tour guide to give them insightful information on facts about each city and explain the history behind it. There will be multiple locations to see, so students can see the most popular European countries packed for two weeks. Lastly, travelers receive packages that include breakfast and hotel accommodations, according to Buzz Tours.

Taking an independent trip around Europe to complete senior year is also an option many students take. There are so many benefits to taking a trip with only a few other friends, where travelers can plan it themselves and be completely in control of their agenda. Taking an independent trip allows travelers the freedom to do their own activities, meaning they can plan and choose to do whatever fun things around Europe. 

“I was able to move at my own pace and see every sight according to my itinerary and schedule,” said Riley Grayson, who graduated in 2023.

Those taking the independent trip can pick and choose how long they want to stay, allowing them to create a trip according to their budget. They can take this trip with whoever they want, whether it’s their best friend, parents, or even if they decide to see Europe individually. An independent trip is also, in most cases, a cheaper alternative because travelers are not paying for individual components such as flight, food, and hotel, not an entire package. Independent trips also allow for more spontaneity.

“I went with just two girls who I was close with, and the trip was super affordable,” said Grayson. 

Overall, both vacations can offer positive benefits, and what a person is looking for when choosing how to travel really matters. The “Buzz” trip could be a really fun experience, but taking an independent trip could also check off a person’s boxes for an amazing summer vacation. Both are truly great options, and it really matters what kind of trip someone is looking for and how they want to spend their time in Europe.